Showing Your Home
Before Your House Is Shown
- Tag or remove items not included in sale (i.e. water conditioner, chandeliers, plants, drapes).
- Open shades and curtains to let in light.
- Turn on enough lights so home is well-lit during showing.
- At night, turn on porch light and outdoor lighting.
- Tidy all the rooms. Neatness makes a room easier to view.
- Clean dirty dishes in the sink and put away any dishes on counter.
- Keep toys in the children’s rooms.
- Put away items in the yard such as bicycles, gardening tools and skateboards.
- If fall or winter, light a fire in the fireplace.
- Turn music on or turn the TV to a music channel
While Your House Is Being Shown
- Leave the property. It is best to be gone before the Buyers arrive
- Let the real estate expert show your house.
- Refer inquiries about seeing your house to your REALTOR to take advantage of the agent’s professional skills
- Cage pets or take them from the home with you.
- Keep money and other valuable items out of sight.